Pages

Friday 14 August 2015

Medication For Endometriosis

Hello lovelies,

There are so many options to attempt decreasing the pain that endometriosis can bring to you everyday. Natural or pharmaceutical, trying multiple things lift your chance of finding a solution to live as pain free as possible. Now, in terms of what to discuss with your doctor, I would air caution around this one. Unless you have acquired yourself an alternative doctor, stick strictly to the pharmaceutical side of things with your GP. From my experience, that’s the side that they stick to and are familiar with, the rest like your diet, natural remedies etc are left up to you. They don’t really have much to say on that side of things. Of course you can tell them if you are on a new endo diet, they will choose wether to listen or not. It can be frustrating when they don’t exactly listen and take notice to it, but always consider it a bonus when they type it out in your medical notes. Going on the alternative treatments is something that you will have to monitor yourself. 

In terms of pharmaceuticals, I say this; question everything. From my experience, there can be way more side effects than what a drug can actually fix. Do your research and despite popular opinion, do search google - but get your information from reliable sources. I cannot count how many times I have been told not to trust the internet but for myself, most times it has been correct. Except Web MD, I don’t like that website at all. A slight side effect and all of a sudden I have 2 months to live. Not good. Remember that doctors are heavily influenced by drug reps, so always be speculative and always get an answer on what a drug is, what it does, and what to do in case of an emergency after you take it. After all, you are putting more chemicals into your body. You need to know exactly what is going on. And document it! Have a diary where you write down what drugs you take and what day and time you took them. It takes a lot of effort to do, especially when you’re feeling quite under the weather but it is so important.

For myself in terms of pain relief that helps relieve whatever endo decides to throw at me, I have the Mirena IUD, am on the pill (contraceptive), amitriptyline, panadol and ibuprofen. At first the Mirena caused me some pain, I’d say around a couple of months and I had contraction like pain as one would experience going through labour. Now it’s just the matter of keeping the pain at bay with the Mirena, contraceptive and pain killers.

Finding what works for you really is a process of elimination and it can be a very very long process but it is worth it when you feel the pain lifting from your pelvis and anywhere else the pain may be lingering. Going to your doctor is worth the money to figure out what will be the best pain relief.

Much love,

Brie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Honest opinions are always welcome, although foul language will be deleted <3

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik