Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Hereditary Endometriosis

Hey there lovelies!

I want to touch on a subject that is highly influenced by endometriosis. And that is the link between endo and genes. Now, in my own personal case, women on both sides of my family have it. On one side it seems to have skipped a generation, but I am surrounded by endometriosis. And therefore obviously was fated to inherit it. Recently coming to the realisation that genes have a lot to answer for, I’m wondering why I wasn’t born a male. But then I think I wouldn’t be able to wear mascara so it puts things back into perspective. Despite feeling like I was destined to be burdened to have this illness, it also provides me with an unlimited amount of support - and from family members! Which actually feels amazing although I definitely wish they didn’t have it in the first place. 

What is so confusing about endometriosis is that there seems to be so many factors than can explain how and why some women have it, however none of these factors have actually been proven because there is no stability and proper evidence to support it. But I am a firm believer that endo is being passed on in the family as one avenue of how women inherit endometriosis. It’s plausible that endo is caused by multiple factors, and it seems that mine is caused by genes. Of course every woman who has endo will have a different story; some will be the only ones in their family who has endometriosis, or maybe their grandma has it, or their auntie. It seems like endo picks and chooses whomever it wants. If only I could go back in time and somehow fight off that gene with a light saber. Then it would see who’s the boss.

Seeing a trend in that women in both sides of my family have endometriosis, it does raise concerns with me in the future. Having children is not on my radar at the moment - in fact it’s far from being in the forefront of my thought process however I am certain in the future when I meet the right person I will want to have children with them. And I do fear that there is the chance of a child of mine will be a girl and could so easily inherit endometriosis from me. Which is why I would ideally want to have a boy, I’ve seen the repercussions from my own mother on how she feels that her daughter has a chronic illness and is in pain almost everyday, and cannot do anything to make it go away forever. So body, if I could have a boy when I want to have a kid that would be great, thanks.

Lots of love,

Brie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Honest opinions are always welcome, although foul language will be deleted <3

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik